On Tuesday we were able to go to the YMCA. We went with some of Jake's family and everyone had a good time. Elaina and Travis both passed the swimming test that allowed them to go on the diving boards. Elaina went on the high dive, but Travis made it half way up the ladder and changed his mind. Maybe next time! Makenna and John both were a little hesitant at first but in the end had fun. Suzanna must of went down the little slide about a hundred times with a big smile every time! It made me want to get a membership!
On Thursday and Friday we were to lucky to play with some of our cousins. They came to our house and we went to their house. The kids all played together really good and had lots of fun!
Makenna and her cousin were playing so well upstairs in the girls room. Makenna said that he was her husband. Very cute!
Some times I wonder what we would do without our rock pile! The kids can play out there for ever. They love to organize the rocks - they were making chairs, a kitchen area, a garden spot, and a table. They had a great time!
On Saturday we went out to my Grandma and Grandpa's house to clean up the yard. I love it when the kids don't consider work, work. They just have fun and don't complain - they all helped out in their own way and were so good.
Elaina helped rake and shovel the bark and then went out to the barn and feed and brushed the horses.
Travis helped with the bark and cleaning up and of course playing in the fire!
Suzanna was our official water girl! She also posed in pictures for me, she was so helpful!
Makenna helped run after John and then played in the van with Suzanna and her cousin while they watched a movie!
When John wasn't running he was jogging! How is it that kids never run out of energy?!? He was in heaven with the horses and the dog. After a while we had to have him help Jake because he was wearing me out!!!
John was running all around growling like an animal and making the girls giggle. He is always pretending!
Some of the other highlights of our week were: John's birthday parties, we got to go shopping with Grandma and Grandpa in the mall at the Disney store (John led the way and wore us all out!!!), Jake and I went to the temple, we made our garden boxes and filled them (now to the planting!), and just enjoyed Jake home a little more than usual! What a fun week, wish it wasn't over!
2 comments:
Cute Pictures! It must be wonderful to have family close by and always have someone to play with :) I'm tyring to be a better mom and arrange more playdates -- my kids are going a little stir-crazy with it being Spring break and the weather just a little to cold for outside play. Hopefully it will warm up soon.
Missy - I left your phone number in Provo and I can't find you in the phone book ... I'd like to see you before I leave tomorrow. Give me a call - 376-8384. Leave a message if I'm not home with your phone number and I'll call you back!
Jocelyn
Post a Comment