This month is going by very fast! Relief Society has been keeping me busy but I really love it! We just had our VT conference on Sunday and the RS birthday celebration is this week. The weather has been pretty windy lately but at least nice enough to go out and play. We are definitely ready for Spring break and some warm weather! 

A couple of Saturdays ago Jake was working late and we wanted something fun to do so we went to Cabela's. I'm pretty sure John could have stayed there all day! He was so amazed at every animal and probably ran a couple of miles while he was there!

They started building a house in the lot right behind us 2 weeks ago. John loves the tractors and watching the guys out there everyday (even weekends!). It will be nice to have a little less dirt to blow around but it has been nice to have open space and no one too close by. We did find out that the big field to the east of us will not be developed for a couple more years! Yay! The kids love the big rock pile that is right next to our proberty line and the dirt to dig in! Oh, to be a kid again!


On Saturday we had a nice day outside at the park and playing around the house. Elaina and Travis (and even Jake and I!!!) enjoyed ride on the motorcycle. We put up some cones for an obstacle cource that make it interesting! I'd have to say that Jake won for the craziest driver and biggest show off! The girls love to pretend and play together! Travis and Jake played some basketball, too. Travis is getting really good and he loves to play with his dad!

John and Makenna are such fun in the mornings when the other kids are at school. John seems to be always making a mess! The other day I found him cleaning up the floor after breakfast. What a helper!


The kids love to attack their dad! Yesterday they talked him into walking up the stairs with a little help from them. He only had 4 of them on him because Makenna was to afriad she was going to fall off.

Travis and John were so cute playing together yesterday. They were both pretending to be different animals trying to get eachother.

I have been running up and down the stairs at nights lately for some exercise (wow, does it get my heart pumping!). This morning I thought I would work my legs and so John and Makenna helped while we played airplane and went up and down and up and down while we practiced counting (all at the same time!!! we are sooooo good at multi-tasking!).


For family night last week we had a lesson on being obedient. I felt like we needed a little reminder on obeying the first time asked. We talked about how Heavenly Father wants us to obey and he wants us to obey our parents. We did "I have BEAN obedient", where we painted rocks (they are really big BEANS! and like pray rocks can remind the kids to obey and keep the commandments), and then we started a bean jar for being obedient (a bean for being good and when the jar is full the kids will get a reward). We even had donuts because the shape can remind us "O" is for obey. Anyway the kids have liked earning beans and are disappointed when they don't earn one because they didn't obey. Today Makenna was really good at the store and so in the car on the way home she asked if she could have a bean. I told her when we get home she could have one (I thought she just wanted one put in the jar to add to the others), when we got home she reminded me and so I put one in for her but she said she wanted to eat one. She was sad to find out that you can't eat them like candy. I felt so bad so I gave her a sucker!
A couple of Saturdays ago Jake was working late and we wanted something fun to do so we went to Cabela's. I'm pretty sure John could have stayed there all day! He was so amazed at every animal and probably ran a couple of miles while he was there!
They started building a house in the lot right behind us 2 weeks ago. John loves the tractors and watching the guys out there everyday (even weekends!). It will be nice to have a little less dirt to blow around but it has been nice to have open space and no one too close by. We did find out that the big field to the east of us will not be developed for a couple more years! Yay! The kids love the big rock pile that is right next to our proberty line and the dirt to dig in! Oh, to be a kid again!
On Saturday we had a nice day outside at the park and playing around the house. Elaina and Travis (and even Jake and I!!!) enjoyed ride on the motorcycle. We put up some cones for an obstacle cource that make it interesting! I'd have to say that Jake won for the craziest driver and biggest show off! The girls love to pretend and play together! Travis and Jake played some basketball, too. Travis is getting really good and he loves to play with his dad!
John and Makenna are such fun in the mornings when the other kids are at school. John seems to be always making a mess! The other day I found him cleaning up the floor after breakfast. What a helper!
The kids love to attack their dad! Yesterday they talked him into walking up the stairs with a little help from them. He only had 4 of them on him because Makenna was to afriad she was going to fall off.
Travis and John were so cute playing together yesterday. They were both pretending to be different animals trying to get eachother.
I have been running up and down the stairs at nights lately for some exercise (wow, does it get my heart pumping!). This morning I thought I would work my legs and so John and Makenna helped while we played airplane and went up and down and up and down while we practiced counting (all at the same time!!! we are sooooo good at multi-tasking!).
For family night last week we had a lesson on being obedient. I felt like we needed a little reminder on obeying the first time asked. We talked about how Heavenly Father wants us to obey and he wants us to obey our parents. We did "I have BEAN obedient", where we painted rocks (they are really big BEANS! and like pray rocks can remind the kids to obey and keep the commandments), and then we started a bean jar for being obedient (a bean for being good and when the jar is full the kids will get a reward). We even had donuts because the shape can remind us "O" is for obey. Anyway the kids have liked earning beans and are disappointed when they don't earn one because they didn't obey. Today Makenna was really good at the store and so in the car on the way home she asked if she could have a bean. I told her when we get home she could have one (I thought she just wanted one put in the jar to add to the others), when we got home she reminded me and so I put one in for her but she said she wanted to eat one. She was sad to find out that you can't eat them like candy. I felt so bad so I gave her a sucker!
3 comments:
I am so jealous that you guys have spring. We still have snow. It looks like you guys are having way to much fun. We had so much fun when we came over to your house. I hope that we came make it over soon, but we are super busy. I cant believe how big the kids are getting!
It looks like you guys are having way to much fun. I am so jealous tha you guys have spring, we still have snow over here. We had so much fun when we came over to your house. Hopefully we can make it over to Boise soon but it always seems like we are so busy. Love the pictures.
Sorry if I added like five comments I couldnt figure out what was going on.
Post a Comment