Sunday, February 27, 2011

Makenna lost 2 teeth.....finally!

We had another busy week....it was nice because the kids had Monday off for President's Day!

Makenna's two front teeth have been really lose lately, she finally agreed to try and pull it out and she did (all by herself)!!!

We visited Great Grandpa in the rehab center that he's in right now. It was really nice to talk with him and the kids were really good (at least for awhile)!

John was really quiet and calm until he had reached his limit. I think this pictures, that Makenna took on my phone, says it all....

If Makenna is not coloring or drawing, she is taking pictures of everything. Here are some that she took at the rehab center...





For the rest of President's Day we played with some of our Farris cousins. It was a pretty nice day and so the kids could play outside. We love our cousins!!!!




If you noticed everyone had a buddy to play with except Elaina...in the car when we picked them up to play John said to Elaina, "Elaina you don't have a friend, but I have a friend!" with a smirk and a smile. What a silly boy!
Elaina has been doing so well in school, last week we finished her 5th grade math course and so she gets to advance to 6th grade math! She is so excited! This week we did some science experiments and finished up our chemistry unit, we really enjoyed it!
All of the 2nd graders did a Famous Person Report. Suzanna got to research about Pocahontas, write a report about her, make a poster, and then give an oral presentation in class. She did such a good job and was so proud of her poster!
Makenna ended up pulling out her other loose tooth, she loves that she has a big enough hole to put a straw in it to drink!
Elaina had Activity Days this week at church. She's in the older group of girls and this week they got to act out a story from the scriptures. Her group decided to act out when Nephi and his brothers go back to Jerusalem to get the brass plates (Elaina was Lamen).
The scouts had our annual Blue and Gold Banquet this week. The whole family was invited and they served us dinner, which was so yummy! The boys were asked to decorate a cake for a cake decorating contest, Travis didn't win but he did a good job!

Jake came across this quote by Elder Richard G. Scott this week....

"When you face adversity, you can be led to ask many questions. Some serve a useful purpose; others do not. To ask, Why does this have to happen to me? Why do I have to suffer this now? What have I done to cause this? will lead you into blind alleys. It really does no good to ask questions that reflect opposition to the will of God. Rather ask, What am I to do? What am I to learn from this experience? What am I to change? Whom am I to help? How can I remember my many blessings in times of trial?"

No comments: