Sunday, February 6, 2011

Homemade bread, self-discipline, and Fast Sunday hunger pains!

We had a good week....everyone was safe and healthy!

I've made a goal to make homemade bread this year. I buy a loaf for sandwiches some times but for the most part we are just eating homemade bread. I love the smell of homemade bread (you can even smell it before you come in the house!), I love how easy it is to make and I love how excited the kids get when I make it! I've been making 8 loaves each week....we really love bread around here.....the other day I put one of the mini loaves on a plate and the next thing I knew was John had grabbed it and started eating the whole thing! It was really funny!!!

Elaina loves to play the piano!!! Whenever she gets a spare minute she is playing....right now she loves to play Count Your Blessings, If the Savior Stood Beside Me, and Choose the Right.
John LOVES to play on the computer! He probably likes it as much as watching T.V.! Right now he really likes playing on Starfall and PBSkids. He can navigate through anything and can drag and click and has lots of fun.
Makenna really enjoys playing with others! We have her friend come over every Tuesday in the morning and then we take them both to afternoon kindergarten after lunch. They get out every dress up and love to play barbies. Makenna is so lucky to have good friends!




Suzanna was recognized at an assembly for self-discipline. Every month the whole school focuses on a good quality trait and then a child from every class is choosen who has that quality. Suzanna was very surprised and very excited!!!


I love John and Makenna...I sat down to have a bowl of cereal (in between John and Makenna so they would BOTH be happy that I was sitting by them!) and before I knew it they had moved their chairs so they could sit REALLY close to me. I love that they love me and that we have lots of fun together. Cereal and milk are John's favorite thing to eat right now! (when he wants a bowl of cereal he says "soy and milk" or at least that's what it sounds like)


Today was Fast Sunday and Scout Sunday and Travis was really having a hard time with the hunger pains! Our Bishop gave the Cub Scouts permission to wear their scout shirts today and I was trying to take a good picture of Travis but it was really hard to get past the pains.
Travis does love Scouts and is really excited every week to go! Right now he is a Bear and is in a big group of boys!
We had our annual VT Conference in Relief Society today. We had the Elder's cover all of the classes in primary so all of the sisters could attend RS the third hour. It was really nice and I'm glad we all could be reminded of the importance of Visiting Teaching. VT really is a calling from our Heavenly Father and we need to think of it that way. I'm glad that we have a ward with small boundries that make it really easy to visit others in the ward. Some of the thoughts that I came away with were....
-Visiting Teaching is a relationship NOT an assignment!
-Steps to be a good VT
1.make a standing appointment (ex. schedule the first Friday of every month)
2.prepare your thoughts
3. be flexible
4.be a friend
5.add some flavor!
6.report!
-You are not done for the month until you have reported!

No comments: