We just celebrated Makenna's birthday!!! I had mentioned having a cousin sleepover sometime this summer. When I asked Makenna what she wanted to do for her birthday she really wanted to have a cousin camp and sleep outside. Well, we didn't have nice enough weather for an outside sleepover but we still had such a great time.

We started out in the backyard playing in the water and then ate pizza and cupcakes.
The kids then came inside and had lots of fun playing upstairs. We did this on Monday night and so I wanted to have family night with everyone.
While the big girls went swimming with Jake, the little ones took turns painting prayer rocks. For family night we talked about prayer and did a little scavenger hunt.
The kids were really good and it was nice to sit down with all of them. We then went outside for our family night treat and the kids played on bikes and jumped rope. Then we watched TMNT and then put everyone to bed. The boys all slept in Travis and John's room. The big girls slept in the girls room and then the little girls slept in the play room. It was nice and snug!

In the morning Jake had to go to work early and so we had waffles and eggs in shifts. Everyone was so patient and such good helpers. We then cleaned up and the kids played together. The boys had fun with the little legos and the girls played with make up and did each other's hair. Then they played outside at the park. It has been so nice to have the park so close by! When it was lunch time I had Amber come help with the kids so we could all go to Storeys park for lunch. The free lunch in the park is so wonderful!
In the morning Jake had to go to work early and so we had waffles and eggs in shifts. Everyone was so patient and such good helpers. We then cleaned up and the kids played together. The boys had fun with the little legos and the girls played with make up and did each other's hair. Then they played outside at the park. It has been so nice to have the park so close by! When it was lunch time I had Amber come help with the kids so we could all go to Storeys park for lunch. The free lunch in the park is so wonderful!
When we got back home I had everyone lay down for a nap! I think Makenna shows how hard we played!!!
Makenna is very excited that she is 4 now! She can't wait for preschool in the fall and loves to do "homework" just like the big kids! She is so smart, she knows all her alphabet and each of the letter sounds. She loves to sing and dance and just be a girl!
Some of Makenna's favorite things right now:
Color: every color except black, gray and brown
Food: applesauce
Toys: Barbies
Movie: "Spirit"
Book: Strawberry Shortcake in Cinderella
Makenna is growing up way too fast! She is a beautiful girl and we are so blessed to have her in our family! I love her laugh, especially at night when she tries to get away from our goodnight kisses. I love how she picks out her out fit each day that doesn't match to all of us, but it matches to her. I love how she can get Johnny giggling and how cute they play together. I love how she asks before she does things, she asks permission to go to the bathroom, eat, get a drink....
I just love her and her cute personality and her smile!!!
Here are some fun, cute baby pictures of our Makenna!

No comments:
Post a Comment