Sunday, May 24, 2009

Travis' Author Party!

Well, Travis can now say that he is a published author!!! The past couple of months Travis' first grade class has been working on their very own book titled, "Someday." It is a book on dreams that they have about the future. The kids all put so much time and thought into each page! They even got to each think of a publishing company name and picture for it and vote on them, the winner was "Cool Kids Publishing Company Inc." They also got to vote on how much it would cost to buy it, $10.95!
On the inside back cover of the book was information on the author. Each child got to come up and Mrs. A read the information on them and then each kid read their favorite page to everyone. Travis picked "Someday I will star in the movie... Star Wars. I will play the part of Obe Won Kenobi and fight Darthmall." I loved how in the back cover Travis said that he wanted to be a "dish network worker" just like his dad. On the dedication page Travis dedicated his book to "my family and my cousin."
I just love Travis' teacher and appreciate how much she loves each one of the children! After everyone was done we got to watch a slide show movie that she put together of the children in her class, and she gave a copy to each child. Travis has had such a fun year!

No comments: